What are the possible side effects of Xultophy® 100/3.6?
Xultophy® 100/3.6 may cause serious side effects that can be life-threatening, including:
- inflammation of your pancreas (pancreatitis). Stop using Xultophy® 100/3.6 and call your health care provider right away if you have severe pain in your stomach area (abdomen) that will not go away, with or without vomiting. You may feel the pain from your abdomen to your back.
- low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). Signs and symptoms of low blood sugar may include: shakiness, irritability, fast heartbeat, dizziness, weakness, sweating, confusion, drowsiness, hunger, headache and feeling jittery.
- kidney problems (kidney failure). In people who have kidney problems, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting may cause a loss of fluids (dehydration) which may cause kidney problems to get worse.
- serious allergic reactions. Stop using Xultophy® 100/3.6 and get medical help right away, if you have any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including itching, rash, or difficulty breathing.
- heart failure in some people if taking diabetes medicines called peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma agonists with insulin containing products like Xultophy® 100/3.6. This can happen even if you have never had heart failure or heart problems. If you already have heart failure, it may get worse while you take PPAR agonists with Xultophy® 100/3.6. Tell your health care provider if you have any new or worse symptoms of heart failure including shortness of breath, tiredness, swelling of your ankles or feet and sudden weight gain.
- low potassium in your blood (hypokalemia).
Your dose of Xultophy® 100/3.6 may need to change because of change in level of physical activity or exercise, weight gain or loss, increased stress, illness, change in diet, or other medicines you take.
The most common side effects of Xultophy® 100/3.6 may include stuffy or runny nose, sore throat, upper respiratory tract infection, increased blood levels of lipase, nausea, diarrhea, and headache.
These are not all the possible side effects Xultophy® 100/3.6. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.